Drug Free Nation
Be Alert Be Aware Be Alive
By the grace of Allah Almighty, we have prepared a self-help booklet for guiding our youth so that they learn to stay away from drugs. This booklet has been published by Drug Free Nation working on drug abuse prevention
News Views
Q-11: I am 37 years old and working at a reputable position abroad. I am a cannabis user that disturbed my functioning a lot. I want to get rid of it but I could not disclose it to any one. If I get treatment, I will have to loose my job. At the time of hiring, I signed an agreement that any kind of involvement in addiction or any other bad activity will result in termination of my job. Please suggest me how I could recover from drug addiction.                                      Faisal- Masqat

A-Dear Faisal, first you request your employer to grant you leave for at least 1 month. You come back to your country and get treatment from rehabilitation centre. During one month, you will be able to detoxify your body from cannabis; moreover, you will be benefit from psychological counseling that will teach you to learn skills necessary to maintain your recovery. You do not need to disclose your problem to any one there. In your own country, you will comfortably get the treatment.  You   are motivated to quit drugs and motivation is a force that brings changes at both individual and social level. DFN

Name and place of sender have been replaced to maintain confidentiality. Keep sending your queries without hesitation to drug free nation at Dfn.pak@gmail.com

Drug Free Nation 2013