Drug Free Nation
Be Alert Be Aware Be Alive
By the grace of Allah Almighty, we have prepared a self-help booklet for guiding our youth so that they learn to stay away from drugs. This booklet has been published by Drug Free Nation working on drug abuse prevention
News Views
Q-14: I am 31 year old, married and having one daughter. After one year of marriage, I separated from my parents to please my wife. My parents got angry but my wife did not want to live my parents. Even I did not support to my parents and siblings. Now, I am using cannabis and my wife is not ready to live with me having fear that I will be a heroin addict one day. She says that it is easy for her to raise a single child alone but not two or three children. She is asking for divorce. When I asked for help from my parents they refused to do so because I had left them for the sake of my wife. I do not want to divorce my wife. How can I convince my wife to live with me forever?      Nabil, Karachi

A-Only request can never work out. Even verbal agreement can not bring your wife back. You will have to prove that you are ready to get rid of addiction. First you get treatment for your addiction from hospital that is exclusively providing treatment to drug addicts. After treatment, you will have to keep in touch with your treatment centre to maintain your recovery.  Your few months of recovery will be the only way to restore your family relations. But one thing keep in mind that few months recovery does not mean that you are drug free, you will have to strive for three years to prove yourself a successful recovering person. Few months of recovery will help your family to realize that drug addiction can be cured. DFN

Name and place of sender have been replaced to maintain confidentiality. Keep sending your queries without hesitation to drug free nation at Dfn.pak@gmail.com
Drug Free Nation 2013